“Get a Room!”
Supernatural’s Season 12 Motel Rooms – PART TWO
This article on SEASON 12 Motels/Hotel/Rented Rooms pays tribute to the Set designers, Property personnel, and Location team. Jerry Wanek, set designers, artists and location professionals enhance each episode with their painstaking creative visions and designs. The VFX team adds signage and details to create convincing different locales.
A wide variety of motels, hotels, boarding houses and house rentals were used this season. There were also room rentals by Rowena and Dagon, but pragmatically, I have only included those rooms visited by the Winchesters: Mary, Sam and Dean. Make sure to start your tour of their season 12 overnight accomodations at the beginning, with episodes 1 to 9 in Get a Room – Part One.
- Given the unusual or “quaint” lamps in these hotels, would any readers be brave enough to post pictures of “acquired taste” lamps in your home that rival the ones used on sets?
- Have a sticky note reminder within sight right now? Share what it says.
- Ever been lost in a hotel, or try to go in the wrong room? Share.
- I’m always impressed by the decals used on windows (Wild Elk Lodge entry doors) and taxi cabs(Merle’s). Every hotel room has an emergency exit posted and a brochure. Artists at work! What other details do you notice in the stills?
- I almost forgot about Lily, human turned angel. Would you like to visit her again in an upcoming episode?