Several weeks ago, I had neck surgery that has been healing with maddening sloth. It’s been very hard to bring you my rambles because sitting at the computer is so hard and painful. I began writing up the episode, but found I just couldn’t do it. So I’m going to only present my questions for thought, with my apologies. I hope to bring you more next week.
1. How great was it to see Gabriel/Trickster again? I was thrilled to see him back. Even if he wasn’t real and just a character created by Metatron to trick Cas, I was delighted, especially through Casa Erotica.
2. Funny that Metatron sees Cas as the villain of the piece, huh? It’s all a matter of viewpoint, right? To the Winchesters and Cas, Metatron is the bad guy, with all the evil intentions. At least Abaddon’s intentions are obvious. What does Metatron want?
3. As Metatron played “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore,” Cas hung up the symbol that looked like an ice cream cone and walked out to claim his flock–and Metatron wrote exactly what was happening and said “God watched over them and smiled at His good work.” Does this mean Metatron considers himself God now?
4. Dean is watching himself in the mirror a lot, preoccupied with his face and the scar on his arm. It’s not good. Cas was upset to see it. He told Sam to watch over his brother. Let’s hope Sam does, no matter how much trash talking Gadreel did when he was held prisoner.
5. Speaking of which, why was Gadreel trying to goad Dean into killing him? Does he want to die? Because he seemed to be pushing Dean awfully hard into doing just that.
6. Metatron appears exceptionally powerful. He blew away the ring of fire, got rid of the brothers’ angel knives, and erased the devil’s trap on the inside of the Impala’s trunk. How are they going to get rid of/outsmart him? Maybe Crowley can help?
7. This was a pretty good episode, but it seemed very Sam and Dean light to me. I give it an 8. You?
8. Personally, I was hoping either Sam or Dean would kill Gadreel after what he did to Kevin. I was disappointed he got away. I hope he double-crosses Metatron.