It’s not bad enough our soldiers are dealing with the human enemies, but this also has supernatural bad guys after them, too. Which totally sucks.
The ep reminded me a lot of an old school ep, where the brothers split up to try to help two different war veterans suffering from attacks from the khan worm (which our boys had encountered in another ep with Bobby and Rufus. Ah, good times)!
So Sam is still researching The Mark of Cain and not porn, which Dean would prefer. The scene where he told Sam to zip up was hilarious.
On to our questions for the week:
1. Was it me, or was this ep especially violent and bloody? From the mesmerizing opening NOW scene with the girl being hung upside down and drained of blood to the scenes of the Khan worms being squishily crashed under Dean’s stomping boot, I felt my dinner racing for the exit. What did you think?
2. What was your opinion of Cole this time around? It seemed to me that his accent was different each time we saw him. Or was that just my faulty hearing?
3. Speaking of Cole, what did you think of his actions this time? He tried to put the brothers off the trail of his war vet friend and handle the situation himself–with disastrous results. Shouldn’t he have trusted Sam and Dean? I also didn’t like him calling the brothers nicknames like Deano and Sammy. Too familiar for someone who hardly knows them. And by the way, did he ever apologize to Sam for what he did to him a few eps back? The torture and stuff?
4. Okay, so Sammy couldn’t save Kit. He felt especially bad about it because he fears it foreshadows the future and that he will be unable to save Dean from the Mark. Do you agree? I think the Mark is much worse than the Khan worm, so it’s apples and oranges, but Sam knows he has his work more than cut out for him. Thoughts?
5. Why didn’t they let Dean give Cole mouth to mouth when he was resuscitating him? Too gay for TV? Just wondering. . .
6. What did you think of the military connection in this ep? The Winchesters are frequently called warriors, so they are soldiers against the supernatural. The men in the video Cole showed Sam and Dean showed heroes being infected by the Khan worm while fighting for the USA. Doesn’t seem fair, huh?
7. I thought this ep was terrific and give it a solid 9. You?