Oh boy, I’m gonna warn you all right now, Friday’s upcoming episode, “The French Mistake” is a wild one. I was fortunate again to get a full length preview of this episode and all I can say is Ben Edlund likes to push buttons. Even his own!
I’ll give the warning right now. If you don’t want to be spoiled or ruined in any way, look away, now. Don’t even think about it! I’m gonna share some spoilers here. Mostly teasers, I won’t give away the farm, but it’s enough.
- This all takes place at “KM Motion Picture Studios.” Knowing that means, “Kim Manners” I got a little choked up. I’m pretty sure that’s the real name of the studios now, but I’m glad they showed that.
- The producers talk about cutting a weepy Impala scene. The response, “You answer the hate mail.”
- Dean has some trouble getting Jared’s name right.
- Sam has to pretend to be Jared in a celebrity interview. It’s pretty funny watching him struggle through it, although the scene is short.
- Dean plots an escape in the Impala. It doesn’t go well. It doesn’t go very fast.
- Misha’s lingo when tweeting is funny! He definitely writes like a teenage girl. Beware Misha fans, we aren’t Minions. “Mishamigos”
- Thanks to Sam and YouTube, we see some of Jensen’s past history. I’m in awe they were able to dig up that footage! Sam and Dean’s reaction is too good.
- You’ll love Dean’s reaction when he finds out they’re in Canada. He doesn’t have a love for the country. “If I hear one more conversation about hockey I’m going to puke.”
- When you see Jared and Genevieve’s house, you will die. Sam and Dean practically did. The artwork alone gets you rolling (a shoutout to Working Girl). Ditto for Jensen’s trailer.
- Sam and Dean have a complete blast spending Jared’s money.
- Sam and Dean can’t act to save their lives. I about died over them ripping on the script. Edlund doesn’t even leave himself unscathed.
- An alert goes out to Sera Gamble (played by herself, although it’s only ever her on the phone). Among the problems listed in the call, the producers are alarmed that “Jensen is living at Jared’s house.”
- Jared and Genevieve’s real wedding photo makes as appearance, as does Supernatural magazine and all the awards Supernatural has won through the years.
- I have NO idea how Ben Edlund worked an Alpaca into the script, but he did.
- Dean essentially calls Robert Singer a douchebag for naming a character after himself.
- Eric Kripke is working on a new pilot that sounds pretty awful. “My God, they’ll buy anything.”
- Genevieve is great in this, playing the typical self centered actress. She and Jensen don’t get along either.
- There is one scene that got me hard. Literally, fall on the floor laughing. It’s all because of a setting. Just wait until you see Sam doing computer research in Jared’s library. I still burst into fits of laughter thinking of it.
- Sam and Dean share a pretty cool “what if” moment. There are some things to this alternative universe that are appealing.
Here’s a clip released yesterday (you can also find this on our spoiler page):