Editor’s Note: In anticipation of Supernatural’s final season resuming on Oct. 8th, The CW is rerunning several of the initial 13 episodes from season 15. To get us all back into the groove of watching and discussing each story, Deb has agreed to once again share her recap reviews of the good, the bad and the random of each episode! Enjoy!
This is how this works: I will give my TOP 5 choices for the Good and The Bad of each season 15 episode that has aired thus far, PLUS a random fact that may or may not have anything to do with the episode. It depends what I am thinking at that moment! After you read my opinions, I would like to hear your TOP 5 Good/Bad list from the same episode. The point is that every episode must have both good and bad stuff for you, or you are not being honest with yourself. ? “The Bad” stuff might be easier to write when the episode is not to your liking, then other times “The Good” will be easier. The Good/Bad stuff can be silly things – that is alright too!
This will be a good catch up before we all watch the last new episodes. So, if you like, join me in watching the reruns. Hopefully, I can write these recaps for all the remaining episodes. We Got Work to Do!
Supernatural 15.03 “The Rupture“
1. Look at those special effects and sets!
2. Rowena the magnificent
3. Sam-witch, witch Sam
4. Ardat, badass demon
5. Hero’s death for Ketch
1. My oh my, this episode was a visual treat with special effects and sets. The Hell set is gorgeous and so is the mausoleum. The flying spirits, the magic and using the horn, and the Hell opening were very well made, and let’s not forget Castiel toasting Belphegor to a crisp and Rowena taking all the angry spirits in while jumping in the pit.
2. Rowena was on fire in this episode. Her scenes with Sam were just perfect. The story following through from the prediction to her death was perfect. I actually thought before that Sam would kill Rowena by accident, or he would need to kill her because Rowena had turned bad, or because she would ask him to. Her hair was perfect, her looks and her sacrifice fitting for a queen.
3. There is something about Sam doing spells. I have always really liked the idea. I am sure it has an impact on me because it is not used that often – but I wish they would use it more often. It helped that the scenes with Rowena were SO good, and Sam reciting Latin? Need I say more?
4. In earlier days, we had many good and twisted evil demons that we still remember to this day, but after a while they were reduced to cannon fodder demon number 3 and 4 and… I am sure you get the point. Ardat felt like a call back to the old glory days, so it is a shame we lost her immediately in her first episode. Making a badass look believable is no easy feat so kudos to the actor that sold that for us. Not all can fight so it looks good.
5. When they introduced Ketch, his character with the tattoo, bike and ruthlessness made him a welcome addition to the show. But then… the British Men of Letters happened and that largely infected my opinion about him. Luckily, the actor was good, and well, you may have opinions about his redemption arc on the show, but I am glad he got to die redeemed (even though he could have been a very good bad guy, too.)
1. Killing Rowena
2. Killing Ketch, 2nd time’s the charm
3. We did not hear Castiel sing!
4. Dean and Castiel, grow up boys
5. Farewell Belphegor, it was nice knowing you.
1. Look, the story was well made, alright, but it does not mean I need to like it. We have lost so many wonderful characters during these years so it really is a bummer to lose one again. Rowena went down in a blaze of glory, though, and that was good. In a way, she protected her new boys too, especially Sam (even though she claimed she did no such thing). She was gorgeous, wasn’t she?
2. Well, another one bites the dust… and two in the same episode. The way Ketch went out was brutal and sudden, but I guess it was poetic justice. He did kill Eileen, though. I never did forgive him for that. Still, watching your heart being ripped out and staring at it in front of you while it is then completely yanked away is horrible. I did feel sorry for Ketch in that moment. Nobody deserves that, to be honest.
3. What injustice it was to not hear Castiel sing the full song! We were robbed, I tell you. ROBBED! He should sing a sonnet just for the heck of it in future episodes to make up the crime that was committed. (I am sure Misha had a blast with this). ?
4. If friends, and in a way, soldier brothers, are fighting, I just have an urge to trap them in a room and yell, ‘grow up!’ I really do hate when they fight, like I hate when Sam and Dean fight. And the reasons… well, are they truly out there or just misunderstandings and such? Although, I did like Castiel not having it and just finally leaving to do things on his own. Did I mention, I hate people fighting?
5. It is a shame, but at least we got to experience Calvert’s demon for three episodes. The demon was sneaky and played the game pretty well… but in all honesty, did he really think he would win against Castiel in the crypt? That he could suck in enough of the angry spirits to win him? In all honesty, it was a shame to lose the demon because Calvert really played him well. I am still amazed how different the character was from Jack.
Pink is a pale shade of red that is named after a flower of the same name. It was first used as a color name in the late 17th century. According to surveys in Europe and the United States, pink is the color most often associated with charm, politeness, sensitivity, tenderness, sweetness, childhood, femininity and romance. A combination of pink and white is associated with chastity and innocence, whereas a combination of pink and black links to eroticism and seduction.
There you have it! Now I am dying to read your choices for Top 10. Remember, anything goes! When you’re done chiming in on 15.03, keep going with Deb’s review of 15.04 “Atomic Monsters”!
Thanks to Wiki
& Daria animation MTV