Men will always be hound dogs and play down and dirty with women's hearts. So we have this gorgeous and very angry spirit killing cheating men as she felt SHE had been cheated. Problem is, the hunky artist was very honest with Isabella, the gal he painted, right? He told her he loved another.
On to some questions:
1. I loved the way we found out about Isabella. It seemed like we were just eavesdropping on two pretty nuns with sad men-are-all-bastards reasons for joining a convent. Then, all of a sudden, we see how long ago Isabella's story took place, and it hit us squarely between the eyes--she's the pissed-off, murderous ghost! What did you think of how this ep was written?
2. Sister Mathias talked to ghosts and was very cool about it all. For once, the brothers didn't have to explain "the supernatural is real" bit to someone. But it didn't hit me that Isabella was a ghost. Did you see this reveal coming?
3. Poor Dean. Given the opportunity to confess, he owned up to his mistreatment of women, of allowing them to believe he would commit when he would not. Then, heartbreakingly, he began to speak of wanting to live and wanting to fight. (Prove it, Dean, we've been here before.) Opinions? Got a catch in my throat when Dean somberly posited that God has forgotten about us.
4. Is it me, or is Sam getting little to do these days beyond being the anti-Mark cheerleader?
5. Rowena got to tear apart the scenery while beating the crap out of fellow witch Olivette. Unfortunately for Sam and Dean, Oli told Rowena the great enemy to all witches is the MOL. Yup, the Men of Letters! So now Rowena is going to ignore her son's orders to leave the Winchesters alone and go after them full throttle, Chuck help them. Maybe she'll turn them into cute little animals, too. How do you feel about Rowena at this point in the storyline?
6. Dean assumed that burning Isabella's diary would get rid of her ghost. Sam had a feeling there was more to it, and quickly read the diary (who knew Sam could read Italian)? Thank God, because he learned an important fact--Isabella's flesh and bone had been ground into the paint! Ewwwww! Wasn't that a cool plot twist? And didn't you yell, Gooooooooo, Sam!" At your screen?
7. Once again, Sam and Dean had the same conversation about fighting together and beating the Mark. It's getting old. I give this ep a score of 7.