The official synopsis for Episode 7.01, "Meet The New Boss" has been released.
Supernatural Episode 7.01 - "Meet The New Boss"
CASTIEL TAKES ON HIS NEW ROLE AS GOD — Castiel (Misha Collins) doesn’t kill Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) but warns them not to interfere in his business. Assuming his new role as God, Castiel sets out to right some of the wrongs in the world. Dean decides they should bind Death (guest star Julian Richings) and order him to stop Castiel, but the former angel is one step ahead of them, leaving Dean to face a very angry Death. Meanwhile, Sam struggles to deal with the broken wall in his head. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Sera Gamble (#701).
EW.com has a casting spoiler!
For episode 7.06, 90210's James Patrick Stewart will play a new baddie! According to the article, "EW has learned exclusively that James Patrick Stewart, who CW frequents know as Naomi’s dad on 90210, will be appearing in the sixth episode of Supernatural this season as a new baddie named Richard Roman. Showrunner Sera Gamble explains: “Richard is a very canny, charming, well-connected new adversary. When we first meet him, Crowley has sought him out specifically to join forces with him to pursue common interests. Put it this way: Crowley doesn’t bring a muffin basket to just anyone.” Stewart, whose other credits include All My Children and CSI, is set to appear in one episode so far."
August 30, 2011
- Zap2it releases a casting spoiler for season 7. In episode 7.06, now called “Slash Fiction”, we are introduced to an new character, Frank Devereaux, described as a "mad computer genius”. That character will be played by veteran actor Kevin McNally.
To read the entire article, click here.
August 26, 2011
- Sandra Gonzalez of Insider TV recently interviewed Mark Sheppard regarding his characters on “Leverage” and “Supernatural”. Below is his comment on “Supernatural”.
“…. “Sera [Gamble] said that what Cas has said about this demon was going to be explored at some point, and that she has plans for this demon. But who knows? Maybe they just blew me up,” he says of his confirmed appearance in episode 1.
Sheppard, a longtime viewers of the CW show, also says he’s noticed Supernatural has gone back to basics, focusing on character development. “It’s going back to what made the show so popular,” he explains. “You’ve had these big, angels and demons wars, and the devil, and death. These things will obviously continue on in some way, but the root of it is Dean and Sam and I think it’s fascinating. It’s very much back to the root element.”
But will that “root element” include more appearances by Crowley? Of course, he won’t say. He did, however, hint: “It’s a lot of fun when Crowley is connected to the boys in a lot of ways. The fans have enjoyed that connection. They do well in that situation. It always pays off very well. I’m looking forward to seeing whether that happens or not.”
To read the entire article, click here.
- Lainey Gossip posted some BTS photos of our boys filming episode 7.05.Also caught a nice shot of baby. I have posted some below.
To see more photos, click here.
August 25, 2011
- More titles have been released for upcoming episodes, so I listed them all here in case you missed any.
7.04 "Defending Your Life"
7.05 "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"
7.06 "Slash Fiction"
7.07 "All in the Family"
7.08 "The Mentalists"
7.09 "Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!"
Episode 7.06, “Slash Fiction,” will feature the introduction of a recurring character, “Frank”, who will be a “mad computer genius”.
- CW released an extended promo for 7.01 which can be viewed
- Three new interviews with Jensen and Jared have recently been released by E!Online. In them Jensen and Jared discuss Dean’s story, or lack thereof, Sam’s personal troubles from his time in hell, Bobby’s romantic interest and Castiel. You can view the videos by clicking
- More BTS photos have been released for episode 7.04. Two give casting spoilers. First is actor Faran Tahir from Warehouse 13. There has been some discussion that he plays “Osiris,” the Egyptian god of the dead. Second is actress Emilie Ullerup, who played Ashley on Sanctuary. IMDb has her listed as playing a character named “Mia.”
To view all of the photos click here.
August 24, 2011
Charisma Carpenter, who had her first day of shooting episode 7.05 on Supernatural, shared this adorable photo of her and Jared on her Twitter, @AllCharisma. I guess it was just them on the set that day.
Why is Jared all wet? What a tease! Anyway, here's Charisma's tweet. "Hanging' onset. First Day. New girl. Making' friends."
August 22, 2011
- Spoiler TV also has posted titles for episode 7.07 “All in the Family”, 7.08 “The Mentalists”, and 7.09 “ Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!”.
- Just Jared has posted some BTS photos taken last Saturday.
August 21, 2011
- The CW released a short promo for the season premier 7.01 “Meet The New Boss.”
To view the promo click
August 17, 2011
- TVLine released casting spoilers for episode 7.05 “Shut Up, Dr. Phil” in an article today. Two Buffyverse alumni, Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters, (aka Cordelia and Spike) will be playing husband and wife in the episode.
“This episode is ‘Bewitched gone wrong,’” reveals showrunner Sera Gamble. “[It was] all upside for this successful man (Marsters) while he was married to the witch (Carpenter), but now that he’s pissed her off, the whole town is paying the price.”
To view the complete article, click here
August 15, 2011
- BTS photos by Susan Gittins of “Supernatural" shooting on location in Gastown, Vancouver on Aug 13th and 14th (Saturday and Sunday). They are currently filming episode 7.04 “Defending Your Life.”
To view click here.
August 11, 2011
- BTS pics of episode 7.04 “Defending Your Life” courtesy of @PUNKDImages via twitter. Caption for the impalas claims there were two more also seen. That’s four Babies in one episode….Got to be good!
August 5, 2011
This is from Guy Norman Bee's twitter (@guynormanbee). He posted a picture from the location shoot where he was filming episode 7.02. It looks like the back of the old Riverview Hospital where they filmed "Aslyum." Most curious!
EOnline did an interview with Misha Collins at the TCA Press Tour, and he talked about a diminished role for Castiel this season:
""The character is not providing that comic relief anymore, which I think is fine. I think that sort of ran its course," Collins says. "It's one of the things that's great about the show. They don't rest on their laurels. Just because something is working, doesn't mean they keep doing it. They like to change it up and try something new and it doesn't get stale—and that's cool."
"I'm not playing the fish out of water sidekick anymore—that element is gone," Collins continues, joking, "The show is not going to be funny anymore. Period."
While Collins wouldn't divulge too much about Castiel's role (or ultimate goal) this season, he teases, "He's God and he's trying to rectify the wrongs in the world and having a difficult time doing it and meeting with both external and internal obstacles."
Could one of those obstacles be his friendship with Dean? Of Cas' relationship with Dean, Collins would only say it's "definitely a changed and diminished dynamic." Take from that what you will.
So how has the transition from loyal sidekick to being big and bad worked out for Collins? "It's a different position to be in. I was always supporting them. We were always fighting on the same side and now we're definitely at loggerheads. It's a totally different dynamic."
Read more here.
August 4, 2011
- Spoiler TV posted the title for episode 7.05 of “Supernatural” as "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"
- Zap2it spoke with Collins at the Television Critics Association party on Wednesday night, and he helped to shed some light on Castiel's current point of view. "I'll spoil this right now for you -- he does start the season as both a wrathful and vengeful god," Collins says. "But he's also righteous, in his own mind. He thinks that he's doing the right thing."
In the Season 6 finale, Castiel brought down the "wall" in Sam's (Jared Padalecki) mind that protected him from his memories of hell, destroying Sam's mental health in a way that's unfathomable to any other human.
Don't hold your breath for Castiel to make good on that promise, though. "No, he wants Sam to suffer for a while," Collins says. "Sam's basically f***ed."
To read the entire article, click here.
August 2, 2011
SFO released a number of tweets from people who claim to have seen Mark Pellegrino on the set filming "Supernatural" today, which is currently filming Guy Norman Bee’s episode 7.02 “Hello Cruel World”.
If true, WOW!!!!
For all the latest Supernatural info and article links, follow The Winchester Family Business on Twitter at @WinFamBusiness
|< Prev||Next >|