EW has release a little more about Castiel in Season 7. First, we will see Cas in 7.04 titled â€œDefending Your Lifeâ€.
This bit comes from Misha Collins, the unangelic former-angel-turned-God, who explained to a roundtable of reporters that he has hope for Castielâ€™s redemption this season â€” even though he has yet to read of anything promising in the scripts so far. â€œHaving lived with him for the last three years, Cas definitely has a soft spot in my heart,â€ he said. â€œI have an affection for the character, and I would like to see him redeemed somehow. I hope that happens for Cas. I donâ€™t know how much â€” or if thatâ€™s going to happen. But I hope so. Because I kind of like the guy.â€ Um, so do we. (I thinkâ€¦) But Casâ€™ â€œdrunk with powerâ€ persona wonâ€™t get a great reception from those other guys we happen to like on the show, Collins said.
â€œ[Dean and Sam] are being kind of a pain in the ass, honestly. They need to be whipped into shape a little bit, in my humble opinion,â€ he said, with a hint of humor in his voice. â€œItâ€™s hard to talk about without ruining it for you. But I sort of start the season off letting sleeping dogs lie with them because they are completely powerless and ineffectual against me. Of course, they end up being a thorn in my side â€” as they always tend to do.â€
As for the body count in the first three scripts (1, 2, and 4 are the ones heâ€™s received so far) Collins says itâ€™s high. â€œDefinitely in the thousands; I donâ€™t think in the millions, but I could be wrongâ€¦ but itâ€™s definitely not at or near zero.â€
To read the entire article, click here.
July 27, 2011
- SFO posted the title of episode 7.02 as â€œHello Cruel Worldâ€. The episode starts filming this Thursday under the auspices of Guy Norman Bee. Keep an eye on his Twitter account. He has said he will tweet teasers occasionally.
- Mike Ausiello released some spoilers from Comic con in his latest article. These are in repose to fan questions.
Question: Itâ€™s really looking like Cas is going to be killed off in Episode 2 of Supernatural. Can you give us any hope at all that heâ€™ll survive beyond that? â€”TabithaAusiello: Nope, and neither can his portrayer Misha Collins. â€œI would love to tell you [but] Iâ€™m not going to,â€ he told TVLine over the weekend at Comic-Con. â€œI donâ€™t like to give away secretsâ€¦ You might see me a lot next year. If you have a poster of me on your wall, youâ€™ll see me daily. But how much Iâ€™ll be on Supernatural is a secret. And I actually donâ€™t know. That makes it easier to not tell you.â€ When we do see Cas, he will be â€œdrunk with power,â€ reveals Collins. â€œHeâ€™s trying to do what he thinks a God should be doing on Earth and in Heaven, which is fairly righteous and wrathful. Rectifying the worldâ€™s problems. I think heâ€™s making, in many respects, the world a better place. But thereâ€™s a fair amount of smiting going on too. You take the good with the bad.â€
Question: Any Supernatural spoilers? Please? â€”Nic
Ausiello: Look for Sam and Deanâ€™s already difficult lives to get even tougher. After years of skirting the law, the boys are â€œstarting to be found,â€ Jared Padalecki teased at Comic-Con, which means the Winchesters are â€œlosing a lot of our aces in the hole.â€ Adds executive producer Ben Edlund, â€œWeâ€™ve been saying that they do things a certain way. Their techniques, their methods â€“ they know what theyâ€™re doing. They know their job. They have their support networks. Those things in their lives are going to challenged.â€ Insert the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid feel showrunner Sera Gamble teased to us back in May, and, â€œTheyâ€™re going to find themselves, in a sense, running from lots of guns,â€ continues Edlund. â€œThe stuff they face this season, itâ€™s massive.â€ But Edlund believes thereâ€™s still room for laughs. â€œThereâ€™s a natural absurdity to being on the air for seven seasons and the number of times theyâ€™ve died,â€ he says. â€œThereâ€™s a quality thatâ€™s going to lend itself to a little more ambient comedy this year.â€
July 26, 2011
Here are some spoilers from Comic con that appeared in various interviews.
The K-site has some interesting spoilers from Jensen Ackles in their Comic.con article.
On season 7 Ackles says:
â€œI think we know from last season, that obviously there's a big shift in the character of Castiel. That proves to be a big, big problem for the guys. Not only has this all-powerful being appeared, but it's also taken away their only ally that they really had in that realm. With that transfer of power, there's also big fallout of that, because without giving away too much, due to that aspect of this new God, there's released an evil that the boys have no idea how to handle. There's no lore to tell them what to do. There are no books written about it. There are no hunters that have ever dealt with anything like this before. And that's going to basically render them completely helpless, because all of the tools of the trade that they've used over the past six years, or all of their lives, are pretty much useless. That's going to be interesting. I'm anxious to see what they come up with.â€
He also talked a bit about episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€:
â€œIt's a bit of a slice of life from Sam's standpoint. What we learn in Episode Two still translates into Episode Three, that Sam is battling some inner demons, to say the least. He comes across a job, and we get back to that old formula of Supernatural, where he goes and hunts, and Sam decides to go do it himself, because it's something from his past.We actually go back into his past, and we see Sam at age 15 which of course Colin Ford who's played him before as a young Sam, he comes and plays him again, and does a really good job. But we get to go back in time and see Sam as a 15 year old, hunting and doing what he doesn't really want to be doing at that age, but doing it anyway because that's what his father and his older brother are telling him to do. It's a slice of life from Sam's point of view and his past.â€
To read the entire article, click here.
Jim Beaver also talked a bit about Season 7 to Digital Spy, Mo Ryan, Collider and InsiderTV.
He said that he would like to write an episode for the Supernatural. "I'm actually toying with the idea of writing a script myself," said Beaver. "But as lazy as I am, I might not finish it until season 46!"
He also said regarding Sheriff Rhodes, "Sheriff Mills [Kim Rhodes] is coming back for an episode or two. The new big bad for the season is really going to show its face in the second episode, and sort of by coincidence, Sheriff Mills is going to get caught up in that, and she's going to rely on Bobby a bit to help her out of the situation. What happens after that I don't know, because I haven't read the script past that ... there are things I do know that I can't talk about that make me put a big 'maybe' on that, 'cause there's going to be some interesting infrastructure and geographical shifts in the show, so a lot of things that Sam and Dean and Bobby and the audience have counted on are gonna get reshuffled. [Cas is involved] only indirectly.â€ He also said he, â€œhopes that this means that Bobby will get lucky romantically for once.â€
On the season premier:
The season picks up seconds after the season 6 finale and that this season is â€œscarierâ€ than usual in some ways. â€œThereâ€™s a certain sense of futility thatâ€™s come over us in the first episode,â€ Beaver told press. â€œWe did a scene just on Friday where one of the guys was saying â€˜Well, I canâ€™t do anything about this. So Iâ€™m just going to do what I can do, and work on some seemingly smaller things.â€™â€
To read their entire articles click the site Digitalspy, Mo Ryan, Collider.com, InsiderTV
A few tidbits from various interviews with Sera Gamble
- Jo Harvelle is returning in season 7, who'll be back for "an episode or two," Gamble said. â€œDeath will be back as well.â€
-There are no plans for Chuck, whom some fans thought was God, to return in the early part of the season.
- According to Gamble, Crowley will also return.â€œYes, you will see him very early in the season,â€ says Gamble. â€œCastiel said he wasnâ€™t killing him because he had plans for him and we reveal what those plans will be. As usual he is extremely funny.â€
- As for creatures, Gamble says there will be some â€œghost stories coming up soon.â€ â€œWeâ€™ll also have shapeshifting creatures, angels, demons,â€ she adds. â€œWe always pull a couple of variations out of our pocket with some new creatures we will reveal over the course of some episodes.â€
- And from the panel, Gamble said, â€œBen just pitched a ninja story!â€
To read the entire articles click the site. Mo Ryan, Assignment x InsiderTV
A few tidbits from various interviews with Ben Edlund
- "The first piece for Cas is that he's our new God," Ben Edlund said. "His story is about stabilizing this God complex. I can't really talk too much about it because the cliffhanger is so about Cas, it's so about where his character is going to go and the ramifications of what he's done, that basically, in a sense I feel like ... the first episode of the new season is, in a sense, the 23rd episode of the last season. It's another crescendo. We can't really talk about it because it's the other big set of shoes dropping -- we're dropping eight shoes in that one."
- "We need to repopulate so that we can kill more people," Edlund said. "We've talked about various possible characters we can bring in -- we always want to have a ground of people for them to relate to, so new characters will come. They're gonna have a tough year, Sam and Dean, and we're really looking at how have they been operating all these years. What have their tools been? What have their methods been? How can we take those things and make them difficult for them to use? And they have to learn new tricks and have to evolve, too. The season's about challenging them as hunters. Previous seasons have been about challenging them as brothers or as humans or as men, and in this one, they're going to have professional difficulties because the world is going to try and eat them."
He also had an interesting interview with Fanbolt
- When asked if there would be more time-travel, he would say yes. They donâ€™t have any definite events in mind specifically but now that they have broken the barrier it was a possibility.
On Cass: Cas starts season as god and things have to stabilize from there. It a challenge to their creativity to write s7. and the writers may have , jokingly, backed themselves into a corner, but they will work it out. Everyone is growing with the show and itâ€™s going to be fun.
To see the video, click here
- Executive producer Ben Edlund says they also have a creature we havenâ€™t seen before.â€œItâ€™s a Japanese folkloric creature,â€ he adds.
- â€œSam has three of himself in his own head â€“ thatâ€™s some crazy s**t,â€ says Edlund. â€œHeâ€™s going to be grappling with his own sanity, so we have lots of stuff to play.â€
- â€œEveryone working on Supernatural is earnest and clever and wants to make it as good as they can,â€ says Edlund. â€œAnd the pieces weâ€™re using for Season 7 are consistent with an overall myth. It fits into the larger story that we will tell more about later. Youâ€™ll learn more about purgatory and how all these things work as a mythic whole, while still pursuing the story. Iâ€™m surprised we kept as much coherence as we have.â€
- Sam and Dean in space? â€œThereâ€™s got to be a way we can get them on a spaceship in one episode,â€ EP Ben Edlund pondered. â€œWeâ€™ve got a lot of people who could do it. Thereâ€™re gods and tricksters. Thereâ€™s any number of ways we could do it. And they can have little uniforms.â€
To read the entire articles click the site, Mo Ryan, Assignment x InsiderTV
July 25 2011
Supernatural Sneak peek from Comic.com of 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€ directed by Jensen Ackles.
To view, &feature=player_embedded">click here
Here is a photo from Colin Fordâ€™s Twitter account of him and his latest SPN director, Jensen Ackles.
July 22, 2011
This is Alice bringing a live report from Comic Con:
I just got my hands on the special edition Warner Brothers TV Guide printed just for Comic Con. There is a great 9 page spread in there for Supernatural including a spoilery season seven preview with Sera Gamble. Here are some of the highlights (I'll have the full interview available later). The interview is from TV Guide's Illeane Rudolph, a very good friend to the show.
Are we finished with the arc about Sam's memories of Hell?
No. Sam herocially got it together to help his brother in the finale. He spent a lot of credit just to be vertical in that final scene (when he tried to rescue Dean from Castiel). He'll pay a really big price for that in the beginning of season 7.
Now that Misha Collins is no longer a series regular, how much will we see Castiel?
I can't say exactly how much he'll be around without giving away a lot. We will see him in more than just the first episode. There's never been a character we've loved as much as Castiel or an actor loved as much as Misha. With the exception of Jared and Jensen,Supernatural has a long history of weaving characters in and out of the story.
What does that mean for Castiel's story line?
I can't give away too much about it, but I can say that we plan to pick up very, very soon after where we left off and explain exactly what the transformation was for Cas, what he plans to do with the angels in Heaven and to Sam, Dean and Bobby, and to Crowley. The whole nine yards.
That doesn't sound good.
What we're saying is that Cas is not evil. He's transformed. That might not be good, but that's not mustache-twirling evil either.
Will Sam and Dean be on the run a lot?
They will be. We have new creatures in story for the boys. We'll bring back some favorites and bring in some new ones. There's an earth full of monsters and demons and evil spirits. There's always another bad thing for Sam and Dean to kill.
Good old-gashioned monsters that eat people. I was just pitched a story with a new creature that does nasty things to people. We'll also have ghosts and a story with psychics and mediums.
Now that Dean has wiped the memories of ex-girlfriend Lisa and her son Ben - who had given him his once chance at living in a normal family situation - does that kill all chances for the boys to find true love and happiness?
It wasn't what I call a high point for Dean. I don't think it's a statement about the rest of their lives necessarily, but it certainly is a statement about where they are today.
And finally, what's the prognosis for the wrecked Impala?
Well, the last time we saw it, it was upside down! But it would have to be in a million pieces not to have Dean put it back together again!
(Interview in it's entirety can be found here.)
July 21, 2011
- Comic Con Supernatural Season & Promo was release.
To view, &feature=player_embedded">click here.
- More BTS photos were released yesterday from episode 7.01 â€œMeet You New Bossâ€ from flickf .
To view all click here.
July 20, 2011
- New spoiler from Christine K
@SammyWsGirlSPN , That's about it, There are a lot of fallen angles, they summon Death to reap God. They get into trouble. #SPN #Adventure
- New spoilers were released today from SFO. The series is now filming the Season Premiere and it seems the title is â€œMeet The New Boss.â€ The episode is directed by Phil Sgriccia.
@PUNKD_Images posted in his twitter:
Xclusive #Supernatural pics WARNING-Spoiler.. Castiel/Misha Collins standing over dead agents.. Should I say more, Anybody wanna see pics?
Castiel stands over 1 of 6 dead? agents? #Supernatural http://twitpic.com/5t81o0
Misha Collins in action as #Supernaturalâ€™s Castielâ€¦. are these agents dead?
It seems he wasnâ€™t alone because Christine K. posted this:
Everyone was working today On Location of #Supernatural. Sam, Dean, Bobby, Castiel, Angels and Death?! â€“ Epi #702 http://twitpic.com/5t7bhh
And, when asked if she meant the character Death, she answered:
@tiptoe39 , yes, more details and more pictures from today later.
@SammyWsGirlSPN , #SPN Epi #702 â€œMeet the New Bossâ€ Yes, Julian Richings as â€œDeathâ€ was working on his #Death scenes.
July 14, 2011
Thanks to the PUNKD Images for releasing BTS photos from episode 7.03 "The Girl Next Door" directed by Jensen Ackles. The new pictures feature Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and newcomer Michael Nyuis shooting scenes in West Vancouver.
July 12, 2011
Guy Norman Bee just tweeted that he will be directing 7.02, Jensen 7.03, which is shooting now, and Phil Sgriccia will direct 7.01 Season7 Premiere.
Information is circulation about spoilers released at the NJ â€œSupernaturalâ€ convention this past weekend.
Both SFO and Spoiler TV reported that In Jaredâ€™s Q&A, he stated the season would have 23 episodes instead of the usual 22 ending on a two parter. The extra episode means the season finale will be 2 hours instead of 1. It does NOT mean that it is the series finale.
Guy Norman Bee also has been tweeting with Kim Rhodes (Sheriff Jody Mills) about her appearance in episode 7.03, one that he is directing. And he twitted a photo of a script page for the episode listing Ben Edlund as the writer.
July 10, 2011
Thanks to Deborah for these spoiler tidbits!
TV Overmind also released some new info on the episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€. While on a hunt, the boys come across a woman named Amy, played by Jewel Staite, alumni of â€œFireflyâ€ and â€œStargate: Atlantis.â€ Amy knew Dean and Sam as teenagers and now has a kid of her own.
To read the complete article, click here.
Susan Gittins' has posted BTS shots of Jensen directing the episode. The photos show Jewel Staite on set but Colin Ford, who is also a guest starring in the episode.
To view click here.
July 8, 2011
Casting tidbits have begun to surfacing regarding some of the episodes in season 7.
EW.com has released information Alona Tal (Jo Harvelle) â€˜crypticallyâ€™ tweeted yesterday she would return to season seven for an undetermined amount of episodes.
And SFO reported that the actress Kim Rhodes, who plays the Sheriff Jody Mills, said at the New Jersey convention sheâ€™ll be back at some point in season 7.
July 6, 2011
Misha Collins broke his long silence since the season finale of Supernatural to Laura Prudom of AOLtv while traveling with him to Haiti for his charity, Random Acts.
Of his role in season 7, Collins said, â€œ"I am not going to be a series regular on 'Supernatural' next year. I don't really know what my role on the show is going to be. I know that I'm going to be in the first two episodes at this point, but I don't know beyond that what the season holds for me."
The article continued, "Although Collins hadn't yet read the script for the second episode at the time of our interview, he did express hope for "some redemption" for the beloved character. And since the original plan was for Castiel to die in season six before the producers revised their position, we're cautiously optimistic that there's a chance for Castiel to receive an arc worthy of the character Collins and the writers have created, when all is said and done."
To read the entire article, click here.
July 5, 2011
Jim Beaver tweeted today that he is â€œOff to Vancouver.â€ Supernatural starts filming season seven tomorrow and the first episode they will film is 7.03, â€œThe Girl Next Door.â€ Jensen Ackles is rumored to be directing this episode which will also feature Colin Ford.