Angels. Or, as Dean would say, â€œFreakinâ€™ angels!â€ First mentioned in season 2â€™s â€œHouses of the Holyâ€, theyâ€™ve been a thorn in the side of the Winchesters since they arrived on the scene in season 4â€™s opener, â€œLazarus Risingâ€. Theyâ€™ve been described as douches, dicks with wings, â€œPerfect... like a marble statue. Cold... no choice... only obedienceâ€ and generally speaking, they donâ€™t understand the reference.For the most part, theyâ€™re depicted as warriors with a singular focus, an inability to see light and shade and a general lack of respect and mercy for the human race. Of course, some angels have been shown to have affection for humanity and some have become allies. One particular trenchcoat wearing, nerd angel has become more than that, he's become a friend, though Castiel has also demonstrated that when he has his own agenda (mistaken or otherwise), everything else, including friendship, can become secondary, revealing that angels can be susceptible to human-like failings.
The Winchester brothers are intrinsically linked to the angels through destiny, being born to be vessels for the archangel Michael and his brother Lucifer.
Now, in season 8, with the Word of God at stake, it appears the angels are back with a vengeance, spying, manipulating and doing heaven knows what? Or does Heaven not know? Or does Heaven even care?
Soâ€¦as it appears theyâ€™re not going anywhere, letâ€™s talk about the angelsâ€¦
- How do you feel about the angels and how theyâ€™re represented in â€œSupernaturalâ€?
- Do you like that angels have become such a deep rooted part of the mythology?
- Are you glad to have the angels back with a bang in season 8?
- What are your theories as to what theyâ€™re up to this time?
- What do you think is going on in Heaven and who exactly is running the show up there?
- Where do you think weâ€™re going with Castiel this season?
- What about that Transformer archangel, this Metatron fellow? Any theories?
- If you could have one angel make an epic comeback, who would it be?
This is a free form discussion, but please follow the WFB core rulesâ€¦which are to be respectful, even if you disagree.
Now go forth and discuss my cherubs!