Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 19:00
Last Updated on Sunday, 09 June 2013 22:44
Written by Alice Jester
I'm sure several of you have noticed, but there's been some really good stuff happening on Supernatural
this season. Despite the vocal unhappiness of some, statistics and higher ratings are telling us that a majority of fans are happy. This is your thread. This is your chance to gush and/or share all sorts of love about your show. Tell us what's exciting you about it, how happy you are with the brotherly relationship, what's connecting with you in the plot, and even send some love to the current head of the creative vision, Jeremy Carver. If there's happiness, dammit, we want to know it!
Here's just a few reasons why fans could be smiling more this season:
- The show is firing on all cylinders again. There's a new creative energy that's making fans love this show all over again.
- Sam and Dean are back together and on our TV screens where they belong.
- The Impala is back! Oh baby, never go away again.
- Castiel and Crowley are back!
- Ratings are up. Way up. "A Little Slice of Kevin" hit 1.0 in the 18-49 demo and over 2 million viewers for the 4th time out of 7 episodes this season. Considering Supernatural
never passed a .8 in the demo in all of season seven and only passed 2 million viewers once, I'd say the show is coming back strong. Yes, a pairing with now hit show Arrow
has a lot to do with that, but remember The CW picked Supernatural
for that slot, so that says something about the network's new found love.
There's no such thing as too much sweetness, although restrained and cautious optimism is welcome as well. The only rule is bitterness doesn't go with something sweet, so save those thoughts for another place. Parade rainers will be turned away at the door.
With the ground rules spelled out it's time to proceed. Let the Supernatural happiness begin!
People in this conversation